Tired of plain H20? Sip on this!
Although plain old-fashioned H20 is your best bet for hydrating that body of yours, sometimes it can get, well, a little boring! Lucky for you there are a several options to break up the monotony. Try one of these on for size:
- Squeeze a lemon, lime or orange into your water or drop in a few cucumber slices.
- Fill ice cube trays with cranberry, grape, orange or grapefruit juice and freeze. Drop one into your water for a little hint of flavor without racking up the calories.
- Metromint bottled water. Found in your local grocery store, Metromint comes in spearmint, peppermint, chocolate mint, orange mint, lemon mint, cherry mint and berry mint. The company uses real mint grown pesticide-free in the Yakima Valley. No artificial sweeteners of any kind plus calorie-free! www.metromint.com
- Sprinkle a packet of TrueLemon in your water! A 100% natural product made from lemons, limes, oranges or grapefruit. Calorie-free and no artificial sweeteners! www.truelemon.com
- Hint bottled water. Just like Metromint, Hint is pure water infused with natural flavors and is also calorie and artificial sweetener-free! www.drinkhint.com
- Crystal Light Pure. A 15-calorie-per-serving drink mix made from sugar and Truvia—a sweetener made from the extract of the stevia plant. Each pouch contains two servings, but you really only need to use a third of it for just a touch of flavor. www.kraftbrands.com/crystallight/Pages/default.aspx#/pure
How much water?
Divide your body weight in half and the result is the number of ounces you should be drinking every day. An easier calculation that’s not really a calculation at all, is to look at the color of your urine. I know, not very glamorous, but you look at it anyways don’t you? If not—start now! If it’s the color of the beer you drank last night, you’d better drink up (water…not more beer!) If it’s a pale yellow color, then you’re right on track!
The bottom line: Train your taste buds to prefer plain water and then mix it up once in awhile for a refreshing change of pace!