Get FREE tips and tiny slices of motivation to help you live a healthier life...without giving up chocolate!

What is your “Soul Food?”

April 30th, 2012 | no comments

Eating a well-balanced diet doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, if you over-complicate it, you will most certainly give up. Understand that no one is perfect—this is especially true when it comes to your eating habits.

The goal is to eat good-for-you foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein, low-fat dairy products, healthy fats and whole grains approximately 90% of the time, while leaving 10% for “Soul Food”. Soul Food refers to those foods you simply can’t live without. Even though they may not be the healthiest option, they serve a very important purpose—to keep you on track. Nothing is worse than forbidding yourself of your favorite foods like chocolate, potato chips and cookies.

Interestingly enough, sticking to the 90-10 rule will create a natural shift in your taste buds and you will slowly begin to prefer—even crave—the ‘cleaner’ foods. Don’t ask me how this works, it just does! I speak from experience. I used to be the girl who secretly stuffed her face full of candy, doughnuts, cookies and ice cream. When I began making small shifts in my eating habits towards more real food, I found I simply couldn’t live without it…and I didn’t want to. My body felt better. My brain worked better. I had more energy. My health improved. What more could you ask for?

Food is part fuel for the body and part enjoyment. Denying yourself of the enjoyment factor is criminal! The key is to keep your portion of Soul Food reasonable, really enjoy it and then shift back to fulfilling your 90%. Give it a try and I promise…you won’t be sorry!

Get FREE tips and tiny slices of motivation to help you live a healthier life...without giving up chocolate!

No comments yet, be the first!
Your comment...

badge_whiteStop beating yourself up over past diets gone wrong. You didn't fail them...they failed YOU! My mission is to help you take a permanent vacation from dieting, realize the amazing power of your body, and discover your true health potential.
Coach
Almost Custom Websites