3 Keys to your ideal body weight
You won’t find your ideal body weight on a chart or a table. To find the weight that’s right for you, you have to listen to your body. It’s the weight that keeps you healthy, gives you energy and makes you strong. Ladies, it might not be a size 6…but it’s probably not supposed to be! If you feel tired all the time, get sick often and feel weak, the way to find your ideal body weight is by:
- Eating balanced, nutritious meals
- Enjoying regular, moderate exercise
- Understanding that the not-so-nutritious foods have a place in your diet, too, but only a small place.
Yes, I know…these are ‘no-brainers’, right? But are you actively doing any of them? If all three sound a bit intimidating, try focusing on only one, like fitting in 20 minutes of exercise each day.
Even if your ideal body seems light years away, it’s important to embrace the skin that you are in…today! ‘But it’s not perfect’ you say? There’s no such thing! Embrace your body, because it’s your body. Resist the urge to compare it with your friends’ bodies or the bodies of the actors in your favorite television shows. To fully embrace your body, in addition to the three keys above, you must:
- Treat it with respect
- Give it enough rest
- Resist the pressure to judge yourself and others based on shape, weight or size
- Eat what you want when you’re truly hungry and stop when you’re full
January 1st is too far away. Make the conscious choice to boycott New Year’s Resolutions this year. There’s no better date than today—December 10th—to give your body the gift of health.