5 Quick & Healthy Breakfast-To-Go Ideas
If you aren’t a breakfast eater and find that you aren’t hungry in the morning, that’s OK—eat something anyway. You’ve trained yourself to not be hungry and the only way to undo this is by eating. Your body likes consistency and loves to be fed, especially after an eight-hour sleeping fast! This is important on so many levels—especially weight control. If you’re struggling to lose weight and subscribe to the mentality that skipping meals saves calories and therefore aids in weight loss…you are dead wrong! In fact, skipping meals is the quickest way to hold on to excess fat.
Burn fat and feel energized by trying one of these quick and healthy Breakfast-To-Go ideas:
- ½ whole grain bagel topped with 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter (Smucker’s) + 1 extra small sliced banana + ½ Tablespoon milled flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt topped with 1/4 cup fresh blackberries + 2 Tablespoons of unsalted almonds. Drizzle with a touch of honey!
- 1 hard-boiled egg + 13 ‘Mary’s Gone Crackers‘ crackers + 1 small apple
- 1 Kashi Honey Almond Flax bar + 1 small cluster of grapes
- Homemade trail mix: 1/2 cup of whole grain cereal (Cheerios, Barbara’s Shredded Spoonfuls) + 2 Tablespoons raisins + 1/8 cup lightly salted peanuts
Remember…if you aren’t hungry in the morning, it’s because you’ve trained yourself to NOT feel hungry. So go ahead and jump on the breakfast bandwagon and jump start your metabolism!