What’s keeping you from good health isn’t what you think
What’s holding you back from achieving good health?
Is it the food temptations that seem to jump out at you around every corner (i.e. pizza, chocolate, French fries, cookies, airport Cinnabons, potato chips)? Or maybe it’s lack of time. After all, our crazy busy lives often prevent us from eating like we know we should. Maybe the reason is that you’re confused as hell! Thanks to the invention of the Internet, you can Google “healthy diet” and a whopping 27,700,000 results are returned to you. It’s no wonder we just give up. Who can we trust? What should we believe? These reasons among others may be partly responsible for your current state of health—but I can tell you one thing for sure, they aren’t the core reason.
Not even close.
Before I go any deeper, let me be perfectly clear on a couple of things:
- I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that good health is our absolute birthright. Do you concur? Do you believe good health is your birthright? If not, you have some work to do.
- I do not believe there is such a thing as a one-size-fits-all diet. Whether paleo, vegan, pescatarian, vegetarian, ketogenic or gluten-free, what works for one person may not biologically work for the next. I’ve always jokingly said that I would be the bitchiest vegan walking the face of the earth (it’s sort of true though). After experimenting with a variety of eating styles over the years—from low-fat and vegetarian to fish-eating and adding meat back after a twenty-two year hiatus—I’ve personally found what works for me and I will happily share it with you, but I do not expect you to abandon your approach if it’s working for you and blessing you with good health.
Now, let’s get back to the real reason you aren’t experiencing the health you deserve. First, answer this one question: Why exactly do you want to improve your health or lose those last twenty pounds? Really think about this for a moment.
World-renowned author and speaker Abraham Hicks stated quite profoundly that the reason any of us want anything (no matter what it is) is that we believe we will feel better in the having of it. It’s so true.
Think about it. No matter what reason you offer, if you continue peeling away the layers and get to the bottom, it’s because you want to feel better. Isn’t it? You want to lose weight so you will appear more attractive, fit into your old clothes, get healthy, and so on. And underneath all of these reasons, lies the truth—you simply want to feel good. You want to rest your head on your pillow at night and rise in the morning, feeling good.
I like to take this a step further.
What we really want is to experience inner peace. If the word “peace” doesn’t resonate with you, choose one of these synonyms: harmony, serenity, tranquility, freedom, or security.
So why is this important? Because we must identify our “why” before we can even begin to work on a solution. If the underlying reason is that you want to experience peace, and you turn to the latest and greatest diet to supply you with the means to achieve this peace, is it any wonder you are still searching?
Think of how many rich and successful people walk this earth. They can and do have virtually everything that money can buy, including both a personal chef and fitness trainer, and yet they still struggle with their health and weight. I can think of a dozen individuals fitting this description right off the top of my head. Why do you think they struggle? Yes, you guessed it! They are missing something that no amount of money in the world can buy: inner peace.
Don’t you get it? The means cannot be found outside of you.
I don’t care what the latest diet or famous health guru promises…you will absolutely fail if you expect it to work without first going within. If it is inner peace you desire, you must do the work to cultivate your mind, otherwise, any results you achieve will be temporary.
If you aren’t used to thinking this way, buckle up because you’re in for an amazing ride—one that will literally change your life. Are you up for it?
I know what you are thinking. What about food? What should I eat if I have diabetes? What type of meal plan should I follow? I need advice on exactly how to eat—what’s good and what’s not. Aren’t you going to help me with this? Of course! I will most definitely offer you:
- Meal planning strategies to make healthy eating tasty and simple to prepare.
- Delicious recipes.
- Melanie-approved foods such as specific brands of protein powders and nutrition bars.
- Clarity around the latest food myths (i.e. Are eggs good or bad? Margarine or butter? What about stevia as a sweetener? etc.)
- And lots, lots more!
But you know what? That’s the easy part.
The challenge lies in getting you to understand and fully embrace something that is as true for you as it is for me and every other human walking the face of the earth. This truth is what’s missing from the consciousness of most people, yet it is absolutely essential if you want to live a life of peace and ease.
And that is…
You already are the peace that you so desperately seek. The problem is you are living from the wrong end.
You are striving to arrive without realizing that you’re already there. When I look around, it is very clear to me that most people live their life as a series of beginnings:
- Beginning a new diet with the goal to lose weight or improve their health. Then a week goes by and they are back to square one.
- Beginning a new exercise plan with the goal to shape up and look good for a wedding or their high school reunion. But then they overdo it, get sore and bored and give up.
- Beginning the day with a healthy breakfast, only to watch their well-intended effort fall apart by lunch (damn office candy jar!)
And on and on they go. It’s like they keep hitting the rewind button, only to start anew with the same end result.
It’s maddening to witness and saddens me more than I can express in words…because I know they can achieve so much more if they would just get their mind right. But alas they continue seeking the “easy” way out.
And down the rabbit hole they go.
What if instead, you tried something different? What if you began from the end?
What if you placed in your mind, the outcome you so desperately desired…and lived from that place as if you already achieved the desired result? Now all you must do is maintain it? Wouldn’t this be a much simpler way to live?
Do you think you could do it? If you stick around, I will show you how.
When you tap into this new way of thinking on a regular basis, a few glorious and wondrous things will start to happen:
- You will notice that you make yourself a priority more often.
- You will make better food choices because you want to, not because you have to.
- Your body will start to change in a good way.
- You will begin to crave healthy and nourishing food…and prefer them to your favorite junk foods of yesteryear.
- You will sleep more soundly.
- Others will notice a difference in you and ask what you are doing.
- You will find yourself smiling for no reason.
I happened to know you are 100% worthy of the best health life has to offer. Won’t you join me and realize this for yourself?
To begin the journey, enter your name and email address below. I promise not to bombard you with tons of email. It is my promise that you will find value in everything you receive. In fact, I guarantee that after reading each post, you will walk away with three things:
- One meal prep tip or “Melanie Approved” recipe that will make healthy eating a breeze.
- One food or product recommendation to help you live a healthy, more vibrant life.
- One thought to help you dig deep and connect with the ever-expanding, all-encompassing space inside of you.
The space I’m referring to houses the spark that leads you to recognize just how powerful you really are. Surely you’ve visited this space before. Remember the last time you felt on top of the world? Like you could accomplish anything? Even if it’s been years since you’ve last experienced it, this spark is ever-present, and is waiting to be activated.
I will teach you how to ignite it.
PS #1: Here are the answers in case you were wondering:
- Q: Are eggs good or bad?
A: They’re good—just make sure you eat that yolk!
- Q: Margarine or butter?
A: Butter is back baby! Ditch those margarine tubs for good.
- Q: What about stevia as a sweetener?
A: As long as it’s the fresh stevia leaf right off of the plant or green leaf stevia powder (fresh leaves ground up into a powder), I’m OK with it. I’m not a fan of highly processed forms of stevia (Truvia, Pure Via, Stevia in the Raw) or stevia extracts.
PS #2: Coming Soon in early 2018, my brand new book: The Missing Peace: 11 ways to restore inner harmony with your food, body & health