Earthfood-Loaded Easy Thanksgiving Dinner
Have a taste for Thanksgiving dinner BEFORE Thanksgiving? Give this easy meal a try. Notice the abundance of Earthfoods on that plate: Creamy Cauliflower Mash and roasted sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and a few chunks of white potatoes (because you HAVE to have white potatoes in some form, otherwise it isn’t Thanksgiving).
The turkey was about as moist as a turkey can get! I used Plainville Natural Boneless Turkey Breast Roast. It was a small roast- about three pounds!
I also served with Coconut Flour Biscuits (not pictured). Click HERE for the recipe…they were really easy to make.
Ingredients for Super Moist Turkey:
- 1 boneless turkey breast 2-3 pounds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. pepper
Method for Super Moist Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the spices in a bowl.
- Cover turkey with olive oil and rub with mixed spice.
- Cook for around 90 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. That’s it! 😍 🦃
Ingredients for Creamy Cauliflower Mash:
- 2 10-ounce bags of frozen riced cauliflower
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (use minced garlic in jar to cut down on time)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Method for Creamy Cauliflower Mash:
- Add frozen cauliflower to microwave-safe dish, cover and heat according to package instructions.
- Place cooked cauliflower and rest of ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- To make it even more creamy, add an extra tablespoon or two of cream or extra virgin olive oil during processing.
Ingredients for Roasted Veggies:
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2 large sweet potatoes unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices and then quartered
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and cut into 1/2- slices and quartered
- 2-3 tbsp. avocado oil (or enough to lightly coat the veggies)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Method for Roasted Veggies:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add veggies to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and add salt and pepper. Using a large spoon, stir vegetables to evenly
coated with oil. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes
until tender. They should still have a slight crunch to them.